How to clear your browser information
There may be times when browsers continue to show content even if the actual page has been changed. As a result, you may encounter certain errors or continue to see older content. In those cases, clearing the cache and cookies of a browser can help.
- In the top right, click.
- Under More tools, click Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files, check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
On Microsoft Edge
- Click on the 3 horizontal dots on the top right corner
- Click Settings
- Under the Clear browsing data option, click on Choose what to clear
- Select the checkbox Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
- Click on the Clear button
- Click on the 3 vertical lines on the top right corner
- Click on Library and then History
- Click on Clear Recent History
- In the popup that appears, select a “time range” and the options Cookies, Cache, etc.
- Click on Clear Now
- On the keyboard, press Command+Y
- Click on Clear browser history
- In the popup that appears, select the time range and then click on Clear History
The keyboard shortcuts for the same are:
- For windows, “Ctrl+Shift+R”
- For Mac, “Command+Shift+E”